Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm not defining myself with my cube, well, maybe I am...

I have tried to do this multiple times. First I tried a very narrow food category. Then I tried a very narrow photography category. The only thing I actually enjoy is talking about whatever is rolling around in my brain at the moment. And I can't even categorize that when I'm writing it, so I'm pretty sure I can't categorize it before I write it.

So anyways. I work in a cube. I hang stuff all over my cube walls to signify... I dunno... that I am a person, not an employee number. Or something. I manage projects. I cook food. I take photographs. I read books when I remember to do so. I get lost on the internet for hours. I try to pretend to be a grown up, sometimes only so I can go do something immature and say that I needed to "let go" for a while.

I like shenanigans. I like picking up the tab. I like ordering foofy girly drinks, but would like to acquire a taste for a manly drink just so I can defy expectations while out in public. There is always a bottle of liquor in my freezer.

I'm a crazy, tree-hugging, dirt-worshipping liberal with a bent towards laissez faire economics. I would also not be opposed to running off to south pacific islands with malcolm gladwell, thomas friedman, and/or paul krugman. And don't get me started about Joe Sabino Mistick. I could listen to him read the phone book.

Anyways. I'm sure there will be lots of other things you'll learn as we go along. But these are the things that make the most sense to tell you now.

cheers!

No comments: